First, I'll start by saying that every meal we ate was delicious. You know how most times you'll have a couple rock-awesome meals interspersed with some good, but not hugely note-worthy meals? Not this trip. Taylor and I planned out our favorite restaurants and then we tried out some new places that are now on our "Favorite Food Spots" list.
Some highlights were:
- Chicken and waffles with spicy, maple syrup from Metro Diner (Served with "Strawberry Preservatives." Dad found that to be hilarious.)
- Fried gator from Singleton's Seafood Shack
- Latin fusion coconut soup
- Kilwin's toasted coconut icecream
- Bangin' shrimp quesadilla from TacoLu
- We change Dad's perspective of energy drinks a little by introducing him to the white Monster Energy drink and the pink Rockstar Energy drink.
On the drive down we walked along the beach where we ran into an elderly couple from Budapest. They were the ultimate stereotype from the knitted vest with heart buttons to their racist, but not malicious, comments, their love of Romania and America and their accents. Bless them and my parents for striking up the conversation.
After dinner we drove down to a park along the Saint John's river where we watched the sunset while Mom and I took pictures.
Can you believe that was all one day?