Pages

9.13.2012

Roadside Jacksonville

Taylor and I have been trying to explore Jacksonville as much as possible so we spend time driving down unknown roads. I try not to stop him every time I see something interesting, but there are times when I can't help myself. Or even better, when we're walking and I can snap a few pictures here and there. Like this one: The VW Bug matches the house.


One back road drove us through the tributaries of the Saint John's river and we can across a sign that said "Steve's Boiled Peanuts."


 I first tried boiled peanuts in South Carolina a few years ago with my best friend and her southern mother so I call them "bowled" peanuts. I don't know if it's the Alabama in my blood or what, but I love those stupid things so Taylor and I bought a bag of Cajun-spiced peanuts from Steve. They were awesome.


Have you ever tried bowled peanuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment