Pages

7.20.2011

Focusing on Finishing

I've been thinking a lot lately about being a finisher. I am a really driven person, but I want to be a better finisher. Someone who is as excited at the end of the project as at the beginning. I am that person when I am involved with a lot of things so I am constantly staying busy, but I want to be that way no matter what. I'm using my job application process to begin that change. It's feeling really good.

Speaking of job applications: I am so excited for the next step! My interview last week went pretty well. I don't have all my eggs in one basket though, so I am constantly on the look out for anything exciting!

My parents came out this weekend. Two of my cousins are moving away so we had a family get-together. It was so much fun to be with everyone! Except, (warning: mean cousin ahead) I made my cousin cry. He's three and he was really tired and he lives in San Diego so he doesn't remember me well. Anyway, I grabbed him and tickled him and he started to cry! That was a first for me. It made me feel bad. Thankfully his mom just told him to stop being a baby. This was after she grabbed my butt as a hello, so you get the idea of what my family's like. (Awesome, is the correct answer.)

Yesterday, lover made pizza.

Traditional, margarita pizza. We were at the store and we found this mozzarella cheese that is made in a sheet then rolled like a cinnamon bun. So, I unrolled it, put the tomatoes and basil in the cheese, rolled it up, cut it into wrap-like rolls and put them on the pizza. Sadly, you can't see it in the finished product, but it made me feel sophisticated. 

Put some oil and salt (see below) in a bowl then dip your pizza as you go along, you will change your perspective on traditional Italian cooking.


Today we went American. We are trying to get rid of food we have stored in the house, so we used our cornmeal to make baked corn dogs. Obviously it doesn't look the same, but they were delicious none-the-less.

(hahaha. Every time I look at this picture I laugh.)

Life is great! For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment