I didn't even realize how badly I needed a break. I should have documented day-by-day, but I didn't, so here's a bullet pointed list of some stuff we did.
- Ate tacos in Palmdale.
- Drove through LA county.
- Stayed the night in Malibu.
- Awoken at 4:30 am by a party bus backing into the hotel's privacy glass that surrounded the pool.
- Walked around Santa Monica.
- Drove the Hollywood hills.
- Drove up the PCH.
- Crashed in King City. (The only place we could find a hotel room.)
- Beached it up at Santa Cruz.
- Ate Pleasure Pizza.
- Played with my parents.
- Walked through the red woods.
- Met up with old friends.
- Drove home.
Here are some pictures:
Fishing off the Malibu pier.
Seaweed and fish eggs lover fished out of the ocean in Santa Cruz.
Surfer in Santa Cruz.
I taught Lover the tricks of catching Pacific coast sand crabs.
Before I wrap up this quick version of my weekend, I just want to say something about Memorial day.
I've always respected those who sacrificed for our country, but it has never been personal for me. My great grandfather was hurt on the boat traveling to WWII, so he never actually saw battle. My granddad was pulled last minute from going to Korea and my Dad is just barely too young to have gone to Vietnam.
However, just after Lover and I met he joined the army and his unit is scheduled to deploy soon. I love him, I love the others who are in his position and it is more personal than I ever thought possible.
Thank you to everyone who fought and fights for the United States, and thank you to those who support them.