Pages

8.23.2012

Across the country to Atlanta

Continuing the epic, cross-country story:
After a six-hour nap, and a stop at the famous ice cream shop, Ted Drewes, we made the final leap into Atlanta where Taylor’s family lives.

Ted Drewes is awesome, and somehow famous. I'm not sure how a little ice cream shop gets to be nationally recognized, but it is. My parents lived in Saint Louis 30 years ago and they ate there then. Watch how an exhausted Hilary eats her ice cream.

p.s. I love ice cream.

We did finally make it to Atlanta where we spent a week with my in-laws. I like those crazy people a lot. My mother-in-law has a juicer so we drank beet/carrot/celery/apple juice everyday, which does amazing things for your body. My nails started growing super fast and you start to crave the stuff. Now I'm sans-juicer and I'm not happy about it.

We spent most of our time watching the Olympics and driving around looking at Taylor's old stomping grounds. This was at the old drag race track. Doesn't it look like we stepped into Jumanji?


The other item of note is my sister-in-law's furniture business, Furniture by Maria. All summer she's been buying old wooden furniture, painting and antiquing it. She's really good. So good, in fact, she's spent most of her time completing custom orders and she has them lined up for Christmas and next summer. So, while she and my mother-in-law were at their finest, I pulled out my camera.



Are your visits to the in-laws this fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment