Pages

10.27.2011

Electronic Validation



Last week, the Huffington Post College section posted a tweet asking if anyone would be interested in writing a post about the Occupy Wall Street Movement. I answered and put together a 500 word op-ed. I don't do well at writing my opinion about a popular and complicated situation because I don't feel I'm qualified to make judgments. A very Socratic mindset of the more I learn, the more I realize I have no idea. But I knew I had to take advantage of the opportunity; if a college educated woman who seeks out education and understanding is afraid to say something, who is educated enough? I know I'm not the most educated and I'm definitely not an expert but I am smart enough.


So here it is: I was published on the Huffington Post. I am more proud of this than I seem to be.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hilary-hurst/the-disappointing-sheen-o_b_1023744.html

2 comments:

  1. Great piece! Congratulations.

    I also have high hopes for this movement, but have a little more faith in the Ron Paul movement which ironically has a similar goal: make the markets free and not rigged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading it! Whatever it takes, it'll be nice to see some of these movements actually start to move things forward.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete